Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Warmer weather is on its way! My Health Coach e-mailed me this super yummy main dish chicken recipe to break-in the grill.

I have just one confession to make though.... I have not purchased a new grill to replace the one I torched last summer!  And with Sherry being one of the ingredients in this recipe I might as well invite the fire department over for a cookout because Lord only knows how the chicken will turn out!I'm excited for Summer to arrive! All this Oklahoma warm weather has got me eager to open our pool!

My Torched Grill, Yikes!
Weber: My Dream Grill!



                          



















 I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Hugs 'n Kisses to all my lovely readers! Have a blessed week!
                                                                                                                                                            
xoxo,
                                                                                                     


Orange~Ginger Chicken or Fish
1/3 cup Tamari or low sodium sauce
1/3 cup Sherry
1/3 cup Orange Juice
2 teaspoon each dried ginger & minced garlic
8 chicken breast halves or 8 grouper/red snapper fillets (3 ounces ea.)
1 can (10 ounces) mandarin oranges

  1. Marinade: Mix tamari, sherry, orange juice, ginger and garlic.
  2. Marinate chicken or fish for 6 hours (or overnight).
  3. Grill chicken about 10-12 minutes on indirect heat or fish about 10 minutes (depending on thickness), brushing with marinade. Flip half way through. Add mandarin oranges w/ juice half way through.  
  4. Alternate: If you'd rather use your oven, preheat oven at 350 degrees and bake chicken for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear  (bake fish for 20-minutes)
Fat grams: 3.2                                              Protein: 27.4

2 comments:

GingerWench said...

I'm glad to find out I'm not the only walking kitchen disaster! LOL What a beautiful blog you've got here... keep up the great work! :)

SouthShore Chick said...

Ha! Yes I am the queen of kitchen disasters. I've successfully set three kitchens ablaze in my lifetime. Thanks for stopping by! :)