Friday, July 30, 2010

Happy Birthday to Meeee!

Well my day went off with quite a
BIG BANG!!

I've gotta rewind a little bit to show you an early Birthday Gift I was so nice enough to purchase myself. Brian and I were shopping in Norman just a few days before he left on his trip to California, when I spotted this mug below!! 

I had to have this mug!! So when our cousin Laura came out for a visit we ventured out to the Penn Square Mall and I bought it!


I also wanted this Tiara and Shot Glass but the Penn Square Spencer's store did not have it in stock and I didn't feel like back tracking over to the Sooner Mall to pick it up. So I settled for just my mug! I was a girl on a mission that day!

Anyways...

Laura and I had a blast while she was here for her visit! Details on her visit can be found in our Family Blog: "Tales from the South Shore Brood"


While in California Brian surprised me with a photo of Stan Laurel's Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame! He knows that Stan Laurel is one of my all-time favorite actors!!!


So Anyways....

It's my 33rd Birthday! I was so happy! I love celebrating my birthday! It's my most favorite holiday ever!!!
I like to call it:

"BEC DAY"
And just so you remember to mark it down on your calendars, "BEC DAY" is celebrated every year on July 30th!

BEC DAY is the day that I came into existence! I was born to the bestest parents in the whole wide world!


See, there they are! Aren't they the cutest couple? Their names are John and Angie! I love my parents! It's because of them that my holiday exists! <3


Here's a photo of my Mom & Pops stuffing my face with probably something sweet! Yum! I was a cutie!

So on my Special Day I started grilling early! I slow roasted seasoned Pork Riblets on the grill. Mmm! Mmm! They were tasty!!

I packed those babies in our foam cooler to stay warm and began cleaning the house.
However, there was one thing I neglected to do....

I forgot to turn down the burners on the grill!

About an hour later my grill was ablaze!!! Flames were bursting every which way and my poor grill was done for!

The nobs melted off my grill and the temperature reached past 800°F!

Close-up of my "Not-so Perfect Flame" grill. The burners have a 10 year warantee on them because they have a tendency to ash after a year's worth of use! Thus the reason for my grill going up into flames. So uncool!

Did I let that minor catastrophe let me down? Hells no! The food was saved and we have our gas smoker/grill on the backyard deck that we used to grill up the Brats!

Brian even surprised me by  inviting a bunch of our friends to join us for food, drinks and fun!

Here's my Birthday Mug!! Beside it is my bottle of Strawberry Daiquiri Bacardi that Sharon & Al gave me for my birthday! Isn't the bottle pretty? The drink was delicious too! I drank the whole thing, sparing not a single drop!

I LOVE "BEC DAY"!


Love, Hugs 'n Kisses to all,

0 comments: