Friday, January 14, 2011

There's never a dull moment in my classroom. Where else can a handful of Teachers and Paraprofessionals get paid to have fun?

 This week we went on an Arctic Adventure to explore Polar Bears in their natural habitat! It was so much fun! On the last day we got to use our fingers to mix up an Ooey-Gooey concoction of Shaving Cream and Glue to make puffy paint for construction paper Polar Bears!  
(Recipe Below)
Lookie here! My lit'l guy and I gooped puffy paint all over our Polar Bear and then we added a Googly Eye so he can see!

The puffy paint looked and felt like sticky Marshmallow Cream so I pretended to eat it! The kids thought I was silly and laughed at me. 

 This week was also "Welcome Back" Week at school!
Each day of the week we had a theme to dress up as. Monday was Twin Day!! 


Mrs. P (Reading Teacher) and Ms. B (Geography/Science Teacher) looked very posh in their blond wigs and pink shirts! Sooo cute! 



Shaving Cream Puffy Paint

1 part Shaving Cream
1 part Elmer's School Glue
Tempera Paint (optional)

Mix shaving cream and glue together (for sensory, let kids use their fingers to mix the cream and glue!). Tint with your choice of paint color. Use hands or popsicle sticks to apply onto construction paper. Let dry for 24-hrs.

*Note: When determining how much paint you will make, measure cream and glue in equal parts. (i.e. 1/2 c. shaving cream to 1/2 c. glue)

I love my job!











0 comments: