Friday, January 29, 2010

Thyme for Dinner! (Thyme Baked Chicken)



It's been snowing all day. The storm rolled into the Oklahoma City Metro early yesterday morning bringing icky freezing rain. We have at least an inch of ice underneat about 4-inches of snow right now. Thankfully we haven't experienced any power outages as of yet! While the kids kept busy playing board games, I plotted my plan of action for dinner. Ok I lied, I watched movies played Mafia Wars & Cafe World on Facebook and Tweeted all day! haha!



I do have to say planning out our meals one month in advance has worked out like a charm! I'm always prepared and have dinner on the table by 6:00 p.m. at the latest! Rolling back into the old routine has made life easy breezy again!


Ok so on with dinner. It's baking in the oven right now and Mmm-Mmm, I can smell the lovely aroma of thyme! I got a bit of a late start on dinner tonight because I spent most of my day being lazy.


I want to thank KT-Q for taking most of the pictures while I prepped. Thank you baby!!

Thyme Baked Chicken

  • 3 1/2 - 4 lbs chicken legs

  • 2 lbs New potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces

  • 2 large yellow onions, cut into quarters

  • 1/4 c. (1/2 stick) margarine, melted

  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed (1 tsp. crushed garlic in jar)

  • 1 tsp dried thyme leaves



1.  Peheat oven to 375°F. Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat dry.
 
2.  Place chicken in Dutch Oven or Roaster and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.



    3.  While the chicken is baking cut the potatoes into 1-inch pieces and the onions into
         quarters; set aside.

    4.  Melt the margarine in a small bowl in the microwave.
 
    5.  Add the crushed garlic and dried thyme leaves and mix well.

    
    6.  When the timer sounds pull chicken out of the oven. Rotate the chicken so that the
         bottom pieces are on top and the top pieces are moved to the bottom.   

 7.  Pour the potatoes and onions over top of the chicken.




    8.  Pour the melted margarine mixture over the potatoes and onions.



    9.  Cover dutch oven /or roaster with lid or foil and bake for 60 minutes or until internal
         temperature of thickest part of drumstick reaches 165°F and vegetables are soft. 
         Season with salt and Enjoy!



Now back to your regular scheduled program! haha!
 oOoo, Groundhog Day is airing on television!



 


Print

2 comments:

Trina said...

Well, that looks delish!

Unknown said...

I love the small of baking, it makes a house feel like home. I'll try this recipe soon, My J likes his chicken:)Thank you for taking a moment to read my blog.