Sunday, January 17, 2010

*Oh Geez* Is it that time already?

I was at the Tractor Supply the other day and noticed the sales associates pulling out all the gardening supply. *Oh Geez* is it that time of year again? I do not have a Green Thumb when it comes to gardening! The last garden I attempted (Spring/Summer 2008) started off growing beautifully and then withered away in the Oklahoma heat. I tried so hard to keep the plants well hydrated. I weeded every day, fertilized, I even tilled the earth every day!

The grubs and aphids were just awful that year! I tried every pesticide imaginable but it was no use, my garden went down by vermin, plague and drought.

I saw those lovely packets of seeds dangling from the displays calling out to me and I so badly want to try my hand at gardening again.  Am I crazy?  I must be crazy because I am going to make another attempt at growing a garden this year. This time I will seek out a good plot of earth that offers an equal amount of sun and shade. I need to find an area close enough to both the house and our wellhouse.  I think I will plant our garden either in our front yard or on the east side of the house directly south of the wellhouse.

Now, I must decide, should I plant directly into the earth or build planter boxes? Hmmm. . . . .  I may need to build planter boxes because the gophers are a menace out here on the south shore. 

Well here I go again!!! Maybe this year's vegetable garden will prove lasting results!  I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!


 Now to find free scrap wood to build my planter boxes out of . . . . Ooh! I'll post an ad on the Freecycle forums!

0 comments: