Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hair Crisis..

My nightmare began when I found out that my normal hairstylist moved on to a different salon in a galaxy far far away...

I hate when I find a dream hairstylist, who knows their stuff, then one day I need a haircut and *Bam* they're gone with the wind! I also hate when I'm impatient and make the huge mistake in letting the flighty new chick do my hair. That alone is a recipe for disaster!!

The woman kept chopping and chopping and chopping until my hair looked like it was run through a meat grinder! To hide the imperfections I had to part my hair to the left so nobody could notice that my hair was butched all crooked-like!

 That was the first nightmare. . .

So I found an angel by the name of Carlos who fixed my hair. He treated my hair as though it were a masterpiece in the making. The end result was simply that, a Masterpiece! It took 2-hours to do my hair, but when has perfection ever been rushed?

When I got home I decided to be an "El Cheap-o" and touch up the roots of my hair by myself. I wimped out about 20 minutes into the process when my scalp began to tingle. I rushed the toner, washed my hair and cursed at the mirror when I discovered that I looked like a circus clown!

Why do I always seem to put myself in a tight spot? So it's 9:30p.m. and I'm a train wreck. If I could get away with wearing a beanie to work I would have done so to spare myself the embarrassment of my vice-principal enjoying a good laugh when I humored her with the story of my unfortunate dilemma.

Thankfully my girlfriends came to my rescue and helped me find a salon that was willing to pencil my sorry ass into their busy schedule!

Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea... The name is like music to my ears! She took one good look at my hair and said, "I can have this fixed in less than an hour, hon!" She didn't let me peek in the mirror until she was completely done. Chelsea straightened the last strands of hair and when she was done she swiveled my seat around to face the mirror. I kept my eyes shut tight, as I was deathly afraid to look at my new hair. Chelsea assured me that it was safe to look and when I finally opened my eyes I couldn't help myself.. I leaped out of my chair and gave Chelsea a super huge bear hug!! She was my lifesaver! She fixed my ucky-blucky hair!!

I suppose one of these days I'll grow up and become somewhat normal, and not get myself into so much trouble.  I regret to admit that when that day finally comes, you'll see flying monkeys, cotton candy clouds and money growing on trees! So...don't hold your breath too soon. :)

0 comments: