Monday, March 7, 2011



Our society is becoming more health conscious these days. With the increase of health conscious people comes the influx of preprocessed, ready to serve "health" food that is marked up so high that it's difficult for even the middle-class working man to afford.

Why buy all that expensive junk when you can stick to a healthy diet by making homemade meals from scratch, still be aware of the Nutrition Value of your recipes and save money in the process!

By knowing what the Nutrition Value of your homemade meals are, you will not only be able to keep track of your calorie intake, but you will also be able to experiment with healthy alternatives to making your old family recipes nutritious for you and your family!

To calculate the Nutrition Value of my family's recipe collection I use the Cook'n Deluxe Ultimate Recipe Organizer software! I not only can save old family recipes into the program, but it calculates the nutrition values for me, and adjusts my recipes whether I'm cooking for 4 or for 400!

This software was worth the price I paid for it several years ago. Being a military family on the move, it's nice to have all our favorite recipes together in one place so I can just pack my laptop into my carry-on bag and take it with me from Japan to Washington D.C. or where ever the U.S.A.F. sends us!



But let's talk sense here, sometimes all we want is something that is convenient and at our fingertips to do exactly what we want it to do at just a click of a button, and on a moments notice. I searched all over the net this evening, looking for a sensible website that offers a free Recipe Calculator where there are no strings attached.



I thought I wouldn't find anything until I remembered that Spark People always seem to have what I'm looking for when it comes to Diet and Nutrition! Sure enough, in the Spark Recipes section of their site was a free Recipe Calculator! You DO NOT need to sign up to use the calculator unless you wish to save and share the nutrition values of the recipes you punched into the calculator. The calculator is extremely easy to use and it gives all nutrition values for any recipe you key into the calculator!

Image: Recipe Calculator on SparkRecipes.com


I highly recommend even becoming a member. Membership to Spark People and Spark Recipes is FREE with no strings attached and I guarantee you will love the site!!

I raise my glass to healthy habits! I love you all!! xoxo

Cheers!!

1 comments:

Angela said...

What a Great post! I need to save this one.