Saturday, March 12, 2011

Operation Waffle Cones!!

It’s Spring Break and I’m on a mission to discover the best Waffle Cone recipe on the web! Yesterday, after my lunch date with hubby and one of our friends, I wandered into this store called, “Walls”. I like to describe this store as a cluttered version of Ross or TJ Maxx. This is the second time in 5 years that I’ve wandered into this place. Everything is dumped on the shelves and the store smells of mildew, *bleh*

Anyways, while wandering up and down the cluttered aisles I discovered a red box tucked behind a bunch of junk. I got up on my tippy-toes and reaaached as far as my lit’l arms could reach and pulled the box out. To my surprise it was a Rival Waffle Cone Maker!  To my excitement it was priced at an extremely low price of $13.88!  What a bargain!!! I quick called my hubby to beg him to let me buy it. He didn’t answer so I text him. Of course he was in some silly meeting at work that was of no importance to my present demand of his attention so I tweeted him!! Unfortunately the Air Force thinks his undivided attention to them is more important so I had to re-hide the red shiny box and wander off to another store that needed some attention. Long story short, hubby finally called back and I quick rushed back to Walls and bought me this lovely waffle maker that I absolutely HAD to HAVE!

After dinner I tried my hand at making Waffle Cones. I used the recipe that came with the Waffle Cone Maker. 
Rival Brand Waffle Cones
Makes 10

3 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (unsalted), melted and cooled
2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup flour

1. Beat eggs, adding sugar gradually. Beat until Smooth.
2. Add cooled butter and vanilla.
3. Sift flour and baking powder.
4. Blend into egg mixture until smooth. Dough will be sticky, drop by spoon.
5. Drop a heaping spoonful. Close lid and bake according to waffle-cone iron directions.


SURVEY SAYS: I found the recipe to be too sweet and crumby. The bowls and cones that I made last night were finally dry and ready to use this morning. I found that to be unacceptable seeing as how my kids are extremely impatient.  I'll give this recipe 2-stars ...maybe.

Waffle Cones made using the recipe from the product's instruction booklet.


Today I have pulled up a small handful of Waffle Cone recipes off the web. I will begin with the easiest recipes first. When I say easiest, I mean that I don’t have to drive all the way into town to buy extra ingredients like “heavy cream”, *grr*…Damn these ingredients! 

Martha Stewart’s Vanilla Waffle Cone recipe is first on my list today. The waffle iron is preheating right now.. Wish me luck!

0 comments: