Thursday, February 4, 2010

Chicken Fried Chicken w/ Gravy

"I was determined that when I got back, I was going to figure out how to make something that tastes Cracker Barrel amazing but is a little easier on the gut. I think I did it! . . .Ladies and gentlemen, may I present...Chicken Fried Chicken."

This recipe was created by a fellow blogger.  To access her blog, click on her quote above!  I recommend following the step-by-step instructions on tonight's recipe via The Country Cook's blog post. Click "HERE" to head on over!

The Country Cook's Chicken Fried Chicken recipe can also be found in the Tasty Kitchen website too! I highly recommend becoming a member!

Submit a favorite recipe to Tasty Kitchen

Alright well I'm going to finish getting myself ready for school.  The big kids are off to school already and it looks like Rachel and I will need to grab our raincoats before leaving the house! I love the rain! Have a great day!!


We were very impressed with this dish! It was scrumptious!
Sad to report, but there were no leftovers! *tear*

Chicken Fried Chicken
  • 4 thin chicken breasts (we used 6)
  • salt and pepper 
  • 2 egg whites 
  • 3/4 cup milk 
  • cooking oil

Breading:

  • 4 cups Corn Chex Cereal or 1 sleeve Saltines, crushed (we used 5 cups)
  • 1 t. seasoned salt 
  • 1/2 t. fresh ground pepper
  • 1/3 cup flour
  •  1/2 t. baking powder 
  • 1/2 t. ground red pepper (cayenne)

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.

For breading, grind Chex cereal in a blender until crushed. Mix together with seasoned salt, fresh ground pepper, flour, baking powder, and ground red pepper.

In another bowl, whisk together egg whites and milk.
Dip chicken in the breading, then the egg mixture, then the breading again. Place in a glass baking dish barely coated with oil. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes; turn over, then bake for another 10 minutes or until done.
Note: see "The Country Cook's" blog post for full photo instructions.


Cream Gravy


  • 3-4 T. butter 
  • 1/4 cup flour 
  • 1-2 cups milk 
  • salt and pepper



Melt butter in saucepan. Add flour and mix well. Slowly stir in milk and bring to a boil. Add more milk until gravy reaches desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Originally Posted by the country cook on 01.16.2010 at 9:52 PM

2 comments:

Mz NaNa said...

well I found something for dinner tonight. TY Ty

SouthShore Chick said...

Let me know how you liked it! I was rather impressed. The "Country Cook" has some good recipes. When you get a chance visit her blog and her profile on Tasty Kitchen!